Pediatric dentistry is a dental medicine specialization that addresses the dental needs of children. It is also referred to as Pedodontics. Pediatric dentists are experts who have more knowledge about the dental care that is required for children. They make dental checkups easy for children, which helps resolve and avoid dental problems in the future. At Vita Dental Spring, expert pediatric dentists provide great care through dental checkups and cleanups.
What Does a Pediatric Dentist Do?
- Educate:A pediatric dentist educates the parents and the children regarding the care that needs to be provided to the teeth. They suggest a good dental routine that can be followed for healthy and radiant teeth.
- Monitor:They monitor the growth and development of the primary teeth. It helps to detect early signs of dental problems and treat them immediately.
- Prevention:Children are provided dental cleanups, which help to remove the buildup of plaque. They also innovatively demonstrate to the children the right way to brush and floss their teeth.
- Treatments: Conditions like malocclusions and teeth grinding in children can be treated under pediatric dentistry. The right therapy and treatment can help in bringing a change to the conditions.
What Kind of Treatments Are Provided by Pediatric Dentists?
- Crowns: A crown restores a damaged tooth that is not strong enough to be restored with a filling.
- Extractions:The need to extract a child’s tooth might arise during dental emergencies. For such cases, dental extractions should be performed.
- Dental bonding:Children may crack or chip their teeth which can be fixed through dental bonding.
- Fluoride:To avoid cavities, it is necessary to provide an ample amount of fluoride to the teeth. Pediatric dentists offer fluoride treatment to the teeth.
Advantages of Visiting a Pediatric Dentist
- Pediatric dentists provide a comfortable environment for treating children. The dentistry is often painted in attractive bright colors and designs that help to cheer children up.
- They are more knowledgeable about primary teeth than regular dentists.
- They can attend to pediatric dental emergencies and save the teeth from damage.
- Pediatric dentists and the staff at the dentistry are trained to deal with children.
- They make dental care a fun experience for the kids, which helps to reduce their fear and anxiety.
Vita Dental Spring, located in Spring, TX, has experienced dentists who can provide pediatric treatment. Dial (713) 714-4785 and book an appointment with Dentist in Spring TX to know more about dental treatments and a complete oral checkup.