Katy Dental Implants Special
Details of Dental Implants
What is a dental implant?
Dental implants are designed to restore the function, structure and appearance of missing teeth. By implanting a small titanium post into the jaw, dental implants retain the structural integrity of the mouth while also providing a natural chewing and eating experience.
All dental implants contain the same parts:
- A titanium post (or “root”): this is the section implanted into the jawbone.
- An abutment (or “bond”): this part holds the prosthetic tooth in place.
- A dental prosthetic: (or “crown”): this is the tooth section of the implant.
Vita Dental Insights | Katy Dental Implant Procedure
We’re very excited you are considering dental implants! One question we get a lot in our Katy office is: “What exactly is the treatment procedure like?”
Well, the treatment procedure for dental implants can take anywhere from 3-5 months (usually closer to three). While this is a bit longer than dentures or bridges, the overall increase in quality, comfort, and durability is well worth the initial treatment time.
This is a standard Vita Dental: Katy dental implant procedure:
- General teeth check-up & treatment plan
- Implant placement, or installation of “root” section
- Checkup on implant to a maintain sterilization and proper settling
- Manufacture artificial teeth & continue proper maintenance of implant site
- Connection of dental prosthetic/ artificial teeth
Much of the responsibility for you (the patient) is simply to maintain proper oral hygiene while the initial root implant settles into the jaw. If you do, dental implants are a low risk procedure with a high success rate.I hope this helps you make an informed decision. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
We appreciate your interest in Vita Dental!
Dr. Jisoo Shin – DDS & Vital Dental Co-Owner
LIMITED TIME OFFER!
Dental Implants in Katy
Unlike most dental offices, our special dental implant price includes implant placement, abutment, and final crown.