Why Get Invisalign Clear Braces? Dentist in Spring Texashttps://www.vitadentalspring.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Tony Tony https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/aa9bbdf8f1e6bbf534778ecea7c0c925?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Why Get Invisalign Clear Braces? Dentist in Spring Texas
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that helps straighten your teeth without the need to use metal braces. Metal braces are often considered not too good looking by most people but with the use of Invisalign, patients now have found an ideal solution that shifts their teeth into proper position. Today you have a choice of using custom-made clear plastic invisible Invisalign.
What is Invisalign
This technique uses removable, invisible, and comfortable aligners that are unnoticeable. This will boost your confidence such that you won’t hide your smile any longer. Invisalign is made with 3D computing imaging technology and has been shown to be very effective. Orthodontists have to be certified to treat their patients with Invisalign. Your dentist will use X-rays, pictures, and impressions to come up with precise 3D images of your teeth so that he can configure your aligner trays with this shape.
If you are someone who is very self-conscious, Invisalign will appeal to you. It is also ideal for teens whose self-esteem might be affected by visible braces. Additionally, Invisalign are removable so they give you a chance to drink, eat, and floss more naturally. They are also comfortable, as they have no metal that can cause abrasion during the procedure. This also means that you do not have to keep seeing your dentist to get them adjusted or repaired. When you choose to have the Invisalign treatment, you get to see your virtual treatment plan and you also get to see how straight your teeth will be at the end of the treatment. This can motivate you since you will see the results beforehand.
How does the treatment work?
Your teeth will first be examined and molds will be taken to ensure you are a suitable Invisalign candidate. The dentist will also look at your bone line and consider if it is strong enough to be re-aligned. The teeth should also be easy to manipulate to being straight using Invisalign. You will have to wait for a few days for your doctor to give you a verdict whether you qualify for the treatment.
During your next appointment, you are given a treatment schedule and shown how your new aligners will be fitted. The total treatment time for the aligners can last up to 15 months. However, you can choose to have the treatment time reduced but in this case, your teeth might be painful due to them being moved too fast.
You will be shown a personalized treatment plan via an online portal that is created using your teeth measurements. The plan also has precise 3D digital images of your teeth, how they will move during the treatment and the result of the treatment.
The doctor will then create attachments to help keep the aligners in place and for the rotations. These attachments are bonded to the teeth by a composite bonding method. This procedure is painless. Your dentist will then give you a set of aligners to wear for about two to six weeks. You are supposed to wear them and only remove them as you eat, drink, brush, or floss.
You will replace each aligner with the next that is available in the series of your treatment. As you keep replacing the aligners, your teeth will move and eventually they will have straightened to the position your dentist intended them to be. The number of aligners that you will wear during the treatment time can vary from 18 to 30. Every six weeks you will have to visit your orthodontist to review the progress of the treatment.
Some other benefits of Invisalign include:
- Comfortable as there are no wires or brackets that can be felt inside your mouth
- Virtually invisible thus they provide better aesthetic than metal braces and clear braces
- Removable which makes it easier for you to maintain oral hygiene. You can also remove them during sports and other activities’
- Decreased failure or injury rates as there are no poking wires or broken brackets
- FDA approved material thus you are sure you are using a safe material in your mouth and you do not have to be concerned about metal allergies.
- 3-D simulation that allows you to get an idea of the treatment result before the treatment starts. Most patients are greatly motivated by this, as they are able to see the treatment goal
- The preferred method for certain malocclusions as it provides better and faster results
However, the treatment option does not come without some disadvantages some of them include:
- Cannot fix large teeth gaps, large under and overbites, and teeth that are severely rotated
- They are costly compared to metal braces
- You often have to remove them since they need to be removed whenever you are eating or drinking anything else apart from water
- They only work if you follow the doctor’s instructions
- You can get a temporary lisp while you get used to them
If you are looking for an orthodontist in Spring Texas who is certified to treat with Invisalign look no further. At Vita Dental, we have certified and experienced orthodontists who will treat your teeth with Invisalign. Our rates are friendly and we accept most insurances. We will be sure to give you your smile back.
- Posted In:
- Dental Care