The Top Ways To Improve Your Smilehttps://www.vitadentalspring.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 admin admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/9402f7ed21295a9145078a28c1b792c7?s=96&d=mm&r=g
At Vita Dental in Katy, patients come in and are looking for different dental caring tips on how to improve their smile and healthier teeth. It is important to us that patients have adequate knowledge about the different types of best dental care options that are available through us and also steps that you can take on your own to help you get the results that you want.
1. Teeth Whitening- As you get older, teeth can become discolored through drinking beverages such as soda, coffee or tea and smoking. The most popular cosmetic dentistry method to make your teeth white are through in office and at home bleaching. A dentist can create a mouthpiece tray to make sure the proper amount of whitening solution gets into your teeth. If you are going to do this method at home, the process can take at least two to four weeks. If you are doing this process with a doctor then it can take a few one to two hour sessions to make sure it is a smooth process. It is also important to practice good hygiene such as brushing your teeth and flossing because teeth whitening is not a substitute and if good hygiene is not practiced then the teeth can become stained again.
2. Crowns- Crowns help to cover a tooth and restore it to its normal appearance. Some of the functions are to cover a discolored tooth, protect a weak tooth, restore a broken or worn tooth, cover a tooth with a large filling, hold a dental bridge in place and cover a dental implant.
3. Bonding- Bonding is a process that helps your teeth get a natural look. Bonding is a process where a dentist takes materials such as porcelain and resin and fuses it together with your enamel and dentin to create that natural look. The dentist can do this in one office visit
4. Veneers- Veneers are thin shells typically made of porcelain (sometimes plastic), cover the front sides of the teeth to change their color and/or shape. They can improve teeth that have spaces between them, have become chipped or worn, are permanently stained, are poorly shaped and are slightly crooked.
5. Emanel Contouring- This process involves removing enamel from your teeth to improve your appearance. This helps to correct crooked teeth, chipped or irregular teeth and minor bites.
Besides these different dental care options, there are other options that do not require going to a dentist that you can do at home such as eating more fruits and vegetables. Fruits and Vegetables have natural antioxidants that help fight bacteria and inflammation. Specific fruits and vegetables in particular such as apples, carrots and celery clean plaque from teeth and prevent bad breath from occurring. Also you should quit smoking and or chewing tobacco since those are the highest causes of gum disease, cavities, tooth discoloration and oral cancer. Excessive drinking of alcohol can also cause gum recession especially if you combine that with smoking.
The most basic thing that you can do to help maintain a good smile is to constantly brushing and flossing your teeth. You should brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss at least once a day to help get rid of any food lodged between your teeth. It also helps to get rid of plaque and bacteria and bad breath. Also it is important to make regular dentist appointments so that way you can get your teeth cleaned and also be on the lookout for any infections or diseases. It is important to get regular dental visits at least twice a week. Please contact us at Vita Dental for more information and to book your appointment today.
- Posted In:
- Dental Care