How Can I Find a New Dentist if I have Recently Moved?How Can I Find a New Dentist if I have Recently Moved? https://www.vitadentalspring.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 admin admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/9402f7ed21295a9145078a28c1b792c7?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Many of us have grown to appreciate our dentists who have become a very important part of our lives. Most of us have used the same dentist for several years. And sometimes it takes a while before we find a dentist that best suits our needs. This is often the case with those needing to move to another area. Often times we don’t think about the fact that were also leaving our favorite dentist behind when we move. So what do you do? It’s important to map out a plan that identifies a dentist with similar qualities at the dentist that you’ve grown accustomed to.
Below are some tips on how to find a dentist if you have recently moved to a new area.
- Ask for recommendations – Your current dentist can recommend a new dentist to you. Often times they are part of a dental network and can recommend other dentists to you who can provide similar dental work that they know you’ve grown accustomed to. You can also ask for recommendations from people in your new community to find out which dentist they’ve used in the past as well. Many of them have likely used the same dentist for years and are happy with their work. This will save you a lot of time and frustration associated with finding a dentist on your own.
- Search for ADA-Certified Dentists – when performing your own research be sure to check out the American Dental Association. They provide a large list of dentists who must meet their certification requirements before becoming certified. Their requirements consist of professional conduct, ethics, and good overall standards and business practices when working with patients. To find an ADA certified dentist in your new area please use the ADA Find a Dentist tool that can tremendously assist you with your search.
- Perform your own due diligence and research – with the rise of social media, it’s a lot easier to find out everything you need to know about the dentist in your area. Especially with the ability for patients to leave comments and reviews, you can see what others in your new town have to say before you ever contact them. These comments usually provide a wealth of knowledge for someone who is new to the neighborhood and just getting into town.
- Stop by for a free consultation – prior to making a commitment to any particular dentist, schedule a consultation. Most dentist will welcome a new potential patient with an interest in their dental practice. They can answer any questions that you may have about issues that are of concern to you. Particularly if you were currently in the middle of a treatment plan that they would be responsible for completing.If you were referred to them by one of their patients, your visit will be even more embraced – knowing that they’ve been highly recommended will put a smile on their face.
- Getting your dental records transferred – while you are packing up and preparing for your move, don’t forget to contact your former dentist to make sure that you can have your dental records transferred to the dentist in your new town. They will need to be aware of your previous dental health conditions, prior surgeries, previous complications and other conditions that you may have had. This will give the new dentist an opportunity to review your records and continue with the same treatment plan that’s consistent with your former dentist. Getting your dental records transferred in advance will bring your new dentist up to speed and will allow him to pick up where your old dentist left off seamlessly.
After you’ve had your first visit to your new dentist, perform your own evaluation to determine whether or not they make you feel comfortable and right at home.
adminAll stories by: admin
You might also like
How to Find Dentist near me Those Accept Dental Insurance?How to Find Dentist near me Those Accept Dental Insurance? https://www.vitadentalspring.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 admin admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/9402f7ed21295a9145078a28c1b792c7?s=96&d=mm&r=g