Dental Implants are a Long Term Investment for Your Smile? Dentist in Spring TexasDental Implants are a Long Term Investment for Your Smile? Dentist in Spring Texas https://www.vitadentalspring.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Tony Tony https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/aa9bbdf8f1e6bbf534778ecea7c0c925?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Dental Implants are a Long Term Investment for Your Smile? Dentist in Spring Texas
If you are missing one or more of your teeth, you might find it difficult to speak, laugh, or even eat. Your confidence and self-esteem might also have been affected due to the gaps in your mouth. Additionally, missing teeth lead to a sunken appearance on your facial appearance that gives you a premature aging appearance. The worst effect of the loss of your teeth is that it affects even your oral health. The gap left by the missing tooth or teeth causes your other teeth to shift in a bid to fill the existing gap. Further, the gum might be impacted which can lead to more loss of teeth
Dental implants are a long-term solution to replace missing teeth. Whether you lost your tooth due to decay or injury, dental implants will restore your smile and the health of your other teeth. Some of the reasons patients prefer implants to other dental restorative procedures include:
- They are easy to maintain
- The fit perfectly unlike dentures that keep slipping from your teeth
- You do not have to worry about missing teeth
- They are a permanent solution that does not need constant visits to the dentist for new dentures.
These are great reasons why some people prefer to have dental implants but there is another most important consideration. The long-term cost savings after a dental implant.
Why dental implants might seem expensive
The initial cost of dental implants might seem high but this is because an entire team of highly skilled and trained professionals has to be involved to give you your desired replacements. Additionally, the materials used for your dental implant are expensive but necessary to ensure your implant lasts a lifetime.
The titanium posts used are developed using computer technology and advanced software. This helps place the implant at the perfect location in your mouth. The titanium material used on the implant is also expensive but the best. It is not only attractive but durable too. This is a metal with a unique quality of being osteophilic. This means the bone cells in your jawbone will naturally attract the titanium implant and with time, they will grow and adhere to the implant in a process referred to as osseointegration. The result is that the implant attachment to the jawbone becomes secure and very strong.
Further, some patients require bone grafting which adds to the cost of the dental implant procedure. If the density on your jawbone is minimal, you might not be the right candidate for a dental implant. However, your dentist can perform a bone grafting procedure to restore the density of your jawbone. This will make it strong and stable enough to hold the implant and increase the dental implant success rate. In such a case, this cost will increase how much you pay for the dental implant.
Why implants are the best long-term investment for your smile
When you consider the long-term savings of a dental implant, you will agree that this is a viable long-term investment. Here is why
- Implants are a long-term solution to restoring your teeth. They can last a lifetime if given the right care
- Compared to traditional dentures, dental implants are permanent in your mouth they do not need to be removed while you eat or as you go on with your normal activities. They offer the natural look and feel of your natural teeth
- Dental implants will not affect the surrounding teeth, in fact, they are better than other available options such as bridges that require your surrounding healthy teeth to be ground away to accommodate the bridgework
- If you take care of your dental implants in the right way, you can maintain their health and they won’t shift abnormally
- Dental implants encourage bone growth and they will restore your facial features in a natural manner. You can forget about bone loss, gum recession, and change in your facial features after a dental implant
- Dental implants need very little maintenance. You only need to take care of them just like your natural teeth. You will not need refitting or replacements.
- Dental implants save you long-term costs associated with poor nutrition due to your missing teeth. Most people with missing teeth are at risk of suffering from poor health as they might not be able to chew on fruits and vegetables. With dental implants, you will comfortably chew on the most nutritious foods again.
- If you have several missing teeth, it can be quite high to replace each one of them using implants. However, implants are versatile. Your dentist can use a few implants, strategically place them in your mouth such that they will be used as a support for other options such as dentures or fixed bridges.
- Dental implants are also cost-effective because you cannot compare the restoration of your natural smile to any cost. A beautiful smile makes you confident. You will be perceived as healthier and friendlier. Additionally, people view you as more attractive and this can land you a date, a new job or a promotion in your place of work.
In any way you look at it, dental implants are the winning investment for restoring your smile. At Vita Dental, affordable dental implants are attainable as we accept insurance. Our experienced dentists will offer effective dental implants that will restore your missing tooth. Visit our page or our location at Spring Texas to book an appointment.
- Posted In:
- Dental Care