Bad Breath (Halitosis) It’s Causes & How To Cure Ithttps://www.vitadentalspring.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Experts-Guide-to-Cure-From-Bad-Breath-Permanently.jpg 880 495 admin admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/9402f7ed21295a9145078a28c1b792c7?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Halitosis also is known as bad breath is a condition of unpleasant odor of the mouth. There many possibilities which may causes halitosis which include amongst other things food, tobacco products, poor dental hygiene, health problems, dry mouth, oral infections, and dental problems.
Why does my breath smell so bad?
Oral problems and bad dental hygiene can cause bad breath which can vary in smell but often simulates rotten food. One reason why this happens is due to the breakdown of cysteine at the front of the tongue or on the gums. Which again is a sign of poor oral hygiene.
How can I prevent and combat bad breath?
There are a few things you can do to help reduce and prevent.
- Brush your teeth after you eat.
- Floss daily to remove debris.
- Consider brushing your tongue.
- If you wear then clean dental appliances.
- Regularly drink plenty of fluids to avoid dry mouth.
- Change out to a new toothbrush frequently
- Get checked by having regular dental checkups
These foods can help with bad breath;
- Raw fruits and veggies help produce saliva
- Probiotic yogurt which contains good bacteria
- Parsley and basil which has antioxidants
- Cherries help to remove the smell
- Green tea contains natural antioxidants
- Sugarless gum helps to loosen dead cells and food
- Melons and citrus contain vitamin C
Can stress and anxiety cause bad breath?
Stress and anxiety can cause bad breath due to the increase in breathing through the mouth and combined with acid reflux can result in a dry mouth. To prevent this it is important to regularly drink water to hydrate. Even not eating your meals and skipping meals can cause foul smell as it reduces the production of saliva needed to flush away bacteria from teeth, tongue, and gums.